Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

CREE: Initial Takes

There has been a lot of talk in the LED space. It is sure exciting stuff, new technology, nice lights, helps the environment. Please bring me a tree to hug. I am actually growing one in the apartment. Christmas tree on steroids. Love the thing. It was tiny when first bough -knee high-, but grew so much already soon enough it will be taller than tiny timmy geithner. I'm hugging the tree now. Will be back in 5 mins. Well, LED is interesting technology. Not so interesting really - fairly simple, but it's good. Bright lights are always exciting - why else would all those people go to the pointless Times Square on New Year's??? I am on the early stages of deciding whether to short these stocks -the answer will be yes, I can feel it- and when to short them. The biggest mistake I ever made was to short the solar bubble a little too early, so definitely don't want to fall into that trap with yet another bubble in this bubblemaniac and stupidity, arrogance, and complacency rich stock market in this country. So I am waiting in the sidelines, but come on with the 16% upside after earnings which were not that impressive really and a new product announcement from CREE. By the way, the new product is a $60 dollar bulb. I don't give a rat's buttocks how long that thing lasts, i am not paying $60 for a stupid bulb. I did not want to give 30 cents in college. I would borrow them from the TV room of the dorm. Don't worry after an appropriate time I would return them and borrow other ones. So there is no way I am paying $60 bucks for a bulb. Nor does majority of the country or the world for that matter. Especially not during the depression that we are continuingly progressing into. These stocks will become great macro shorts for sure. They are already at or approaching valuation bubbles, which for this market crowd of morons is meaningless anyways, so my suggestion is to short them smartly and definitely using options. Even way out of money options will work if you give yourself enough time because these stocks as were financials (and they again are in that territory to be shorted with similar options) a couple years ago, are way out of line.  

No comments:

Post a Comment